
Since mid-August I have been working on the Veil of Isis VoI, a simple stitch pattern that Andrea at BadCatDesigns took and created a shawl out of. So far I have finished almost 4 rounds and am still on the first ball of Malbrigo (~470 yds per skein). Only 1 round to go to the get to the border charts. This probably would have been done already if I weren't also working on...


What's in my spinning queue...Some BFL (Hollyhocks Jubilee) from Lynne Vogel and some more BFL (Jewel) from C*eye*ber Fiber. Guess we'll see how much this spins up and then to decide what to make of it. :)

Nina's Ann Arbor Shawl (NAAS). Another involved project with over 450+ stitches being worked was started in July. It is to be worked for 5 rounds or to 24". Well since I am done with 5 rounds and still WAY short of 24" it looks like 4 more rounds to hit that magic number and a decline in my interest level. This is a Christmas present for one of my nieces so I had better get on it.
Between the two shawls, I find the VoI to be more portable, more interesting to knit and at this point I don't really need to consult the pattern to knit it so it can be taken to knit night and worked on while conversing with others. The beading rows go a little more slowly, but otherwise, I can generally still knock out 5-6 rows in a 2.5 hour period in the evening. NAAS requires the pattern and some concentration for the beginning three 21-27 stitch pattern (depends on what row as to how many stitches are involved) before I can take off knitting. It also has a lot of different knit 3 together that I find slow me down more than a knit two. In an evening I can generally get 2 rows done in two hours. On the beginning and ending rows I can knock out 4. At this point I really need to be knitting 2 rows a night for 20 days so I can get this done before Thanksgiving, however I suspect VOI will be finished long before NAAS.
Between the two shawls, I find the VoI to be more portable, more interesting to knit and at this point I don't really need to consult the pattern to knit it so it can be taken to knit night and worked on while conversing with others. The beading rows go a little more slowly, but otherwise, I can generally still knock out 5-6 rows in a 2.5 hour period in the evening. NAAS requires the pattern and some concentration for the beginning three 21-27 stitch pattern (depends on what row as to how many stitches are involved) before I can take off knitting. It also has a lot of different knit 3 together that I find slow me down more than a knit two. In an evening I can generally get 2 rows done in two hours. On the beginning and ending rows I can knock out 4. At this point I really need to be knitting 2 rows a night for 20 days so I can get this done before Thanksgiving, however I suspect VOI will be finished long before NAAS.

What's in my spinning queue...Some BFL (Hollyhocks Jubilee) from Lynne Vogel and some more BFL (Jewel) from C*eye*ber Fiber. Guess we'll see how much this spins up and then to decide what to make of it. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment