Friday, August 7, 2009

Summer Vacation Knitting


Pattern: Aeolian
Source: Knitty.com Spring 2009
Yarn: Dream in Color Baby, Visual Purple

Needles: US 3 Addi Turbos


Once the hand was finally through with casting and splinting, I was able to take up where I left off. Still working on the Herring Bone socks where I have finally made it down to the foot with 4-inches to go and the toe. Guess we shall see if I have enough yarn, as the ball looks small for where I am at this point. All though, yardage was greater than what was written in the book. If I am short, it will not be by much and I am contemplating just going to ribbing if that happens. This sock will not be frogged again!

Aeolian Shawl


This shawl was a very easy knit even though it looks complicated. I made 9 stitch Nupps and used a small crochet needle to purl with. Easy-peasy! Also when I started this shawl back in May, I decided not to bead since I had just done a large beading project with the American Beauty shawl. I just wasn’t in the mood to bead so headed off knitting this project, broke my hand as I was ready to start the edging projects. Well after six weeks on hiatus, I decided when I picked the shawl back up to knit on in July to add beads the edging. So, it was off to the bead store to find something to use for this project.

Voila!


Three weeks later, we have a completed shawl. I had really hoped to have this completed in time for my trip out West for a photo op but as we all know, that did not work out at all.

1 comment:

~ Phyllis ~ said...

Lovely shawl. I believe the kitties think so too.