Sunday, January 20, 2008

Veil of Isis and what's new...




Pattern - Veil of Isis
Pattern - BadCatDesigns
Yarn - Malabrigo Yarns Lace
Color - Purple Mystery (30)
Needles and size = Addi-Turbo US 1/ Bamboo dpn US 1

Where has the month gone? I keep thinking that I will have time to post what has been going on since Christmas and before I know it, it is time to get ready for bed. So what have I been up to...?

After Christmas I finally finished the Veil of Isis shawl with 6 pattern repeats and onto the edging. I used up 3 skeins of the Malabrigo lace weight yarn and a tube of 8mm amethyst glass beads. If you can get the center start going then this is really a good beginner lace project since it is an easy pattern to read and follow.



I have also been working on my new Majacraft Suzie Pro spinning wheel that my DH got me for Christmas. A true surprise. I had some play fiber that Lewis at Little Barn gave us to play with in October and my spindle hasn't been free of fiber so this seemed the perfect time to get it out and learn what ratios to use and how to set the bobbin tension. So far, so good. Two weeks ago I had a couple of nice spinner friends show me how to Navajo ply the play yarn I had spun up and it turned out well. The black fiber on the bobbin is a single ply of some animal fiber known as "The Beast." The skein of yarn next to it is all of the play fibers that I had accumulated along with some "Beast" and then Navajo plied. It worked out quite well.



Otherwise it has been either really cold here or really warm. And those warm days hit right after Christmas and New Year time so I spent some time outside raking up the last of the leaves in the back and getting them into bags to place around my potted plants. In our zone I can use the bags as a heat source at night to keep the area around the pots closer to 32 when we have 15-20 degree nights.

Today we will be lucky if we get above 32 but the sun is out in full force so it is soup weather.

No comments: