Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Dashing



Dashing
Yarn - My own hand-spun in worsted weight denim
Guage - 6st = 1 inch
Needles and size - Clover Bamboo dps 7


This is a quick knit, 2 days total, and I used some denim colored 2-ply yarn that I spun up in January. The fiber blend is wool/nylon and was for socks but I didn’t have the yardage and I’m not a big hat wearer so fingerless mitts seemed the obvious choice for this beautiful yarn.

Josephine

My current project is Josephine from Interweave Knits Summer 2007. I’m using Louet Gems with size 3 needles. The starlight needs to have one more sleeve sewn on, some stitches picked up for edging and the lace edging applied and it is done. It’s not a difficult knit; in fact it’s not a slow knit either so why is it spending so much time in time-out? Well because I need about 60 minutes to sew the final sleeve in and hide all the loose ends; I need another 60 minutes to pick up stitches along the right/neck/left edge to do edging (the knitting of the edging will go quickly); and I want to do each of these items in a sitting at home of which 60 minutes here and there have been elusive recently. The mitts I did while doing annual doctor’s office visits where you might get a row done or a project, you just never know and 30 minutes here and there. The current knit needs only 25 minutes to complete two rows. Which means slow going but it’s a time thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

S~
I really like those mitts. Hope you'll bring them Saturday for show and tell.
~P~