Saturday, September 20, 2008

Summer Sampler Stole



Summer Study Sampler Stole
Pattern - From BadCatDesigns
Yarn - Lorna's Lace Helen in Huron
Needles and size - Addi Turbo Lace US 3




This stole is something that was started back in June and was a pattern sampler knit-a-long. Each week a new lace pattern was presented and knit. There were 12 patterns and an edging pattern to complete.

It was not a difficult knit and took around 1-2 evenings to complete each pattern. This allowed me to work on and finish other projects. The edging took the longest at around 10 days and a frogging back of 30 rows (one evenings knit) when I discovered I had apparently dropped a stitch while cabling. That called for a day of timeout. The main pattern knitting was done at our Monday Concerts in the Park so each pattern was easily memorized for maximum knitting. :)


Final size of blocking is 74-inches long by 23-inches wide. Glad I have two blocking boards and a large dining room table.

Link to the Summer Sampler

1 comment:

~ Phyllis ~ said...

You have outdone yourself. The summer sampler stole is beautiful.