Saturday, March 21, 2009

Raptors

Friday was my day off from work so I took my father out to see the big birds of prey, the raptors. They were brought up from Auburn University to the local gardens for two showings. We caught most of the first show, toured the gardens and then caught the second one which this time we knew where to stand to get decent shots of the birds.


Barn owl


Ghost owl


Horned owl


Falcon


Red Tailed Hawk


Black Vulture


Bald Eagle


Golden Eagle

In other news the last fish in my tank a cherry barb finally passed on. I got him around 8.5 years ago with another 17 to keep my Pleco company. The other fish in the tank passed about 3-4 year ago. So now the tank is empty.

1 comment:

~ Phyllis ~ said...

S.
Your bird pictures are beautiful.
Thank you for posting them. I especially like the owls.