Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Oak Tassels and Lightning Bugs


Let the allergy season begin. This week the oak trees began shedding there golden tassels. One can watch them rain down over the earth in a choreographed glitter as the sun catches them. With this raining comes the pollen and time to visit the doctor to get my prescriptions updated. As you can see the tassels cover the driveway and eventually mound in golden pillows. Some years are more dramatic than others.

Tonight as I was taking the trash out, I noticed this yellow flickering in the woods. At first a few, enough to get your attention and wonder if it's a plane coming over the mountains and then the woods light up into a rehearsed symphony of blinking and it hits me lightning bugs. They are extremely early since we don't usually see them until the end-of-May/first-of-June.

Well I have lots of photos to share of Spring taken over the past week but I have had little time to get it all organized. So if my secondary job of data entry for Cotton Row Run doesn't take over my weekend I will try and share with you next time.

No comments: