
This week it was warm and sunny which has brought most of the trees out of their winter sleep and dormant flowers beginning to bust out of their winter shells. The forsythia is finally blooming. It was one of those rare years where they didn't get fooled into blooming a month ago, so they are in full splendor. Not far behind are the Bradford Pears and Yoshino Cherries. Above is a photo of my one tree peony as it unfurls its leaves for the coming season. If we can irradicate the ivy on the North Front side of the house then this plant might find a home this season. For now it is in a 2 gallon pot.

My rose shipment showed up on Thursday so again Spring planting must be around the corner. Most of these will go into the biggest plastic pot I can find since full sun space is at a premium. I keep hoping that we will get around to a couple more retaining walls but until those get built it looks like the pots work quite well. Bonus I can place them in an area where the deer don't like to go, but I guess now I will be tempting them.

Here is the starlight cable cardigan I am working on. It has been a quick knit so far with the waist section almost completed. The yarn feels so soft and lush, so it should be fun to wear to our meat locker of an office. :) Need to move on with this project since next week I will be taking a class on Fair Isle knitting and that will mean another involved project on a set of needles.
2 comments:
'rose shipment' just won't do...
spill forth. what are they?
that cardigan is righteous.
Post a Comment