Sunday, April 15, 2007

Where is Spring? Anybody?

The groundhog said we would see Spring early this year and we did but then the Official day of Spring came and not long after winter returned. It's been a cold and cloudy week with lots of rain yesterday. I shouldn't complain since we are way behind on our rain count. So this has left lots of time to knit this week.

Finished



Worsted Weight Socks - for Ed
Yarn - Encore
Color - 1405 Lot 05-303
Guage - 6st = 1 inch
Needles and size - Clover Bamboo dps 4


These took far longer than I would have liked but I was working on another knitting project and Spring happened for three weeks which took time away from these. At least the cold returned long enough for my DH to wear them before they will head to the sock drawer for next year.

Current Projects

The starlight sweater continues and now awaits arms and edging and we can call this one complete. It does feel good to get the body finally finished. I always forget how long these 4 x 4 cables take to do.


The Tomato sweater from the book No Sheep for You jumped on the needles this week and is just a simple knitted sweater that I plan to take with me on business travel in the coming weeks. Need something mindless to keep me busy for a few hours here and there. I plan to leave out the little pattern since this yarn seems to stand on its own.

The Garden

The last of the dogwood blooms before our freeze and Winter returned. Thankfully the area where we live kept the temps such that we received very little damage to the gardens and under story trees. The Hickories took a hit and there may be no nuts again this year; which is good because those things hurt when they drop and do occasionally take out a rose branch.

Here's hoping that Spring returns soon and lasts a while before the heat of summer shows up!

No comments: