Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Another Finished Knitted item



Tomato
Pattern - No Sheep for You
Yarn - Elann Adara Color - 1Lagoon (08) Lot 219291
Guage - 7st x 18 = 4 inch
Needles and size - Addi-Turbo US 8 circulars


It's been a busy couple of weeks. I had started this sweater prior to taking a business trip to Denver and managed to finish it except for edging by the time I got home. Two hours later and I finished the sweater. Total this sweater took around 30 hours to knit. So I recommend this as a quick and easy one to knit for wearing this summer. The gauge on the band and the gauge I got while knitting the test square required moving from 7s to 8s and that allowed me gauge width wise. Gauge height wise required adding two rows to the arm increase section every 10 rows, since this is knit top down. Continued in this manner until I joined the front body in the round; then 1 extra row added and arm stitches were placed on waste thread and the body joined. From here I knit by length measured.

Once this was done I have been working on the Starlight arms, the Fair Isle Checkered scarf from a March class, and Tuscany from No sheep for You jumped on the needles. Tuscany is a shawl that I am knitting for one of my nieces for Christmas.

These are my current evening projects as we watch the concluding TV season and if there is no show on it has actually been nice to sit on the screened in porch with the cats and knit.

No comments: