Sunday, May 13, 2007

Light at the End of the Tunnel


Well there they are all 1300 some odd 5K/10K entries for the upcoming Cotton Row Running Race held each Memorial Day Monday. For the last four years I have handled data entry for this race. The first year there were around 2000 entries that had to be hand entered into the computer race software. Now we give entrants an on-line way to do that and that has happily decreased my work load by around 500 entries. But it still means from mid-February till next weekend my postman gets the joy of delivering the mail up my hill everyday. :) It also means that I must go through open the mail, make sure the correct amount of payment was included and separate into piles of checks, 5K/10K racers, and 1 mile racers. Then checks have to be readied for the bank, entry forms have receipt-of-number added for the race, and those that couldn't figure out their correct payments contacted about sending additional $$ and making a note on the entry so it will get input into the database. So there is my fun 3 month part-time job and why this blog seems to not get updated on some weeks. Its fun, I fulfill my volunteer time for the local track club, I have my own hours, and I don't have to find volunteers (big plus). On race day I help work with the chip timers to verify finishers. Then I am done for another 9 months.

Azaleas
I have two azaleas in my yard one that I planted to see if it would like the area and the other that came with the house. The one I planted lost its buds this year to the early April freeze, but the one that came with the house is blooming up a storm. The best that it has ever looked.

Happy Mother's Day Lastly
A BIG Happy Mother's Day wish to my Mom, whom I have enjoyed a great mother-daughter relationship through our gardening trips and craft classes. I'm lucky to have such a great teacher and mentor and she only lives a couple miles away. Happy Mother's Day Mom and I look forward to see what yarn project you are going to pick up at the LYS sale next week. ;-)

1 comment:

dawn said...

*with azalea envy*

xoxoxo!