Saturday, September 8, 2007

MS3 - It's a Block and a Wrap!


Pattern - Myster Stole 3 KAL - Swan Lake
Pink Lemon Twist Patterns (p62)
Yarn - Alpaca with a Twist - Fino
Color - Champaigne (0201)
Needles and size - Clover Bamboo dpn and Addi-Turbo US 3 and Addi-Turbo Lace US 3


Happily the Mystery Stole 3 - Swan Lake has been finished. The knit along was lots of fun and each of the seven instruction installments were given each Friday. Clue one was 100 rows starting with 1 stitch and growing to 99 stitches total. Clue two and three there were 50 rows at 99 stitches. Then with clue four there was a decision to make the stole shorter or longer. I opted for longer so 220+ rows at 99 stitches. With clue five the theme of the mystery stole was revealed as Swan Lake and the beginning of the wing was begun with short rows, 100 rows starting again with 3 stitches and going to 99. Clue six and seven continued with the short row wing, 50 rows continually growing to over 200 stitches.

Since clue one was released the last Friday of June and I was still on the fence as to whether I was going to do this one...ok after seeing photos of several finished clue ones I was hooked. Clue two was released before I had picked up my yarn, beads, and swatched the practice pattern to make sure the needle size was good. It was off to knit clues one and two before clue three was released. Almost but not quite, but I did catch up by clue four and kept up the rest of the time. So time spent around 6 weeks and many hours. Clues one and two were challenging to me and required that I remove myself from other distractions, lest I miss a knit together or a yarn over and then have to tink back a few rows to correct. Life-lines were good to have, but not needed...Did have one point where I dropped a stitch and had to go back three rows. But that was minor and at 99 stitches not too bad. :) From clue three on it became repeatable pattern work so I could return to the real world while knitting. Melanie should have this and the variation patterns available in Sept 2007 for purchase at Pink Lemon Twist under Patterns.



Here it is blocking...too big to fit on the table
so I blocked one end and then the other.

1 comment:

Bonne Marie said...

OMG! Your stole is gorgeous! Really, really beautiful...

I've stalled on mine (no time right now) but am looking forward to chilly weather to *wrap* it up :)