Saturday, September 8, 2007

Bonsai Tunic


Pattern - Bonsai Tunic from Interweave Knits Spring 2007 (p62)
Yarn - Berroco Bonsai
Color - Sora Blue (4148)
Needles and size - Addi-Turbo US 8 & 6


The Bonsai Tunic was started at the end of June and finished 3 Sept. Time spent on the project around 30 hours total. Modifications to the pattern were made since my size fell between the options of 34 and 38. If I were only going to wear this during the summer I would have made the size 34 but since this will look great with my long sleeve mock turtles and t-shirts I sized the pattern to 36 by removing 2 stitches from each side for a total of 8 stitches removed. The bamboo ribbon used to knit this was easy to use, but a challenge to hide the ends. I still need to take needle and thread to secure a few around the arms and neck. If you want to make this pattern with the yarn specified I would go with one size smaller than your normal bust measurement since this yarn like cotton tends to grow a little. If using wool you should be fine making either the smaller size or one with no ease. This is rated a fun and easy knit.

No comments: