
Have you met Gloire?

She is an apricot blend tea noisette that is currently taking over the North side of my house. Above is a shot from the right side of the Holly facing east.

Here she is from the left.

Yes that is her up in the tree a good 12-15 feet from the ground and probably a 20-foot cane since she is located a good 5-6 feet from the tree.


She is an apricot blend tea noisette that is currently taking over the North side of my house. Above is a shot from the right side of the Holly facing east.

Here she is from the left.

Yes that is her up in the tree a good 12-15 feet from the ground and probably a 20-foot cane since she is located a good 5-6 feet from the tree.

Gloire has nice arching canes that are quite prickly and produce an outstanding flush in the spring with flowers coming intermittently throughout the growing season. This rose originally came from Ashdown Roses as an own root around 6 years ago, however this is probably not the REAL Gloire de Dijon since the petal count should be higher. Also about this time there was a discussion on the Rose Forum about Gloire not really doing well on own roots that it did better grafted. After this discussion I noted the Gloire was pulled from the Ashdown inventory and I haven't seen it offered since. It is apparently not a rose that is easily found in commerce at this time. This rose has the coloring and size so I am not at all disappointed by this rose and will happily let it continue to take over the North side.
Since it is spring and I have lots of garden shots, expect the blog to turn to the flowers for a while. :)
Since it is spring and I have lots of garden shots, expect the blog to turn to the flowers for a while. :)
2 comments:
Gloire is so pretty. Does she have a nice scent?
How lovely! The flower photo looks a wee bit like a Perle d'Or I have in the garden -- your luxuriant cane growth is quite different though.
Post a Comment