Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas is almost here...


Meet Hobbes he belongs to my sisters family, where we spent the weekend celebrating my BIL's graduation from college, shopping, and celebrating an early Christmas.

The tree was all decked out for the woodland fest and the finishing touches were made to the house for the upcoming festivities. We watched the kids while Sis and BIL climbed on the roof to finish hanging the lights. It was a fun weekend!


On the previous weekend we got our tree up and unlike my sister, who has ornaments all the way down to the floor on the tree even with kids and cats, we just don’t take the chance and it looks like we have young kids since the decorations start at about 2 feet from the floor and go up. The cats love this time of year as now they have a great spot to hide and pounce on whatever happens by the tree. Yes the tree goes down to the floor quite nicely. Three years ago we gave up on the tree skirt; it never stayed under the tree anyway.

Tonight when I came home I found that one of the kitties had left his toy under the tree. Perhaps to entice one of the other cats closer for pouncing practice or perhaps they had other mischievous ploys in mind.


Most people know I love all things cat and so we have several for the tree.

Here are a few of my cat ornaments...

that I have acquired over the years.

“These little ones are mice. …
These over here are hamsters. …
Ooh! This must be a gerbil!”

May the season
be filled with sweet surprises.

--Gary Larson (The Far Side)

1 comment:

~ Phyllis ~ said...

Stay warm and have a Purrrfect Christmas. (I couldn't resist)