Monday, February 19, 2007

First Knitted Project of 2007 Finished


Noro Silk Garden sweater
Noro silk Garden
Pattern - Noro Vol. 20 Y772 -Silk Garden Ladies Sweater
Yarn - Noro Silk Garden
Color - 213 Lot B
Guage - 21 st x 27 rs = 10cm
Needles and size - Clover Bamboo 7


This project took a little less than 8 weeks to complete and the weaving in of the yarn ends took most of a week. So while this is an easy pattern to work it does provided for some challenges in working with multiple yarns at the same time and then the weaving in of the ends when finished. Overall this sweater fits nicely and is very comfortable. I didn't run into many yarn ties in the skeins I used but I have seen reports that some of the skeins had high numbers of tie ins.

For those of you looking for summer weather inspiration in the warmer climate areas, may I suggest picking up the book No Sheep for You by Amy Singer. This book has some really wonderful patterns and deals with non-wool yarns.

1 comment:

dawn said...

you did a beautiful job, miz thang.